Allegion is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Upon request, Allegion will provide or will arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities in a timely manner that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
|Allegion Canada Multi-Year Accessibility Plan|
Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 420/07)
Policy on Accessibility Standards for Customer Service:
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Allegion Canada Inc. will:
- give customers with disability the same opportunity to access Allegion goods and services (via phone, email , TTY, front office access)
- communicate with persons with a disability in a manner that takes into account his or her disability (TTY, email, phone)
- access to good and services will be provided in a manner that is integrated with other customers, unless an alternate measure is necessary
- allow people to use their own personal assistive devices to access and use our services
- confirm annually that the organization is compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- provide annual training to all employees on to how to serve people with disabilities
- capture feedback on how we provide service via www.allegion.ca
- ensure all forms of communication will be available during regular office hours to serve customers with disabilities.
- allow service animals and support persons on the premises, but restricted to the front office area (plant area is excluded). If a service animal is required but not easily identified as a service animal, we may request documentation from a health care professional confirming that a service animal is required due to the person’s disability.
provide written and verbal (over the phone) notice when access to services are not available. The notification will contained the following:
- the reason for disruption
- alternative facilities and services, if available.
- estimated length of disruption
- Accessible formats for customer feedback mechanisms are available upon request
Revised July 26, 2016
For more information, please contact our Customer Service Department.
Monday – Friday 08:00 EST – 17:30 EST
Phone: 1 800 900-4734
Fax: 1 800 239-4734
TTY: 1 866 620-4011